Do you also fear of getting into this age? Learn how I was able to overcome my being “lack of confidence” personality into “full of confidence” in me. Many over 50 aged women don’t feel confident in their appearance due to wrinkles and other skin imperfections.
There are a lot of things that we can do in order to maintain our beautiful face and skin and the majority of them do not require a lot of effort or money. Most simple things such as maintaining a healthy diet and a regular exercise regimen may have a huge impact in order to maintain a healthier and younger-looking skin
Check out these Top 30 Ways on How to be Beautiful at Over 50
I remember my fear of turning 40. I thought the gig was over, that men would no longer look at me and that my job prospects were dim at best. Last year I turned 50, and I wish I could say I accepted it with grace, but more with dread and sadness. Even though I don’t have children, I’d become a grandma overnight. I still see myself as a young, vibrant woman. However, a quick glance in the mirror squashes any hopes of my seeing a dewy faced, ageless beauty.
But the fear is not just about looks, it’s about getting closer to death. I used to hear people say from time to that life is not a dress rehearsal. But that’s exactly how I lived my life, always waiting for something to happen until then I would stay safe and cozy inside my comfort zone. “One day I’ll take those piano lessons.” I know I will travel, soon.” “I would love to learn Spanish, but I’ll do it later.”
You get the picture. These things don’t come unless you make them happen. And I’m now taking action and cultivating my passions and hobbies. For example, today I took a 20 bike ride, recently planted a garden, and I’m just about to sign up for tennis and voice lessons. These are things I always wanted to do. I’m no longer saying tomorrow… it’s now.
The beauty of getting to be a half-century old is you no longer have to be in denial. Time is running out. You have no more to waste!
The first step is to practice acceptance. Once you accomplish this you can move on and truly start living–maybe for the first time in your life. You can make it a wild, vibrant, exciting adventure. The trick is not to dwell on how you wish things were different.
How To Be Beautiful Over 50. Below are 30 such strategies for looking more youthful in what should be your best decade yet.
- Quit smoking. Smoking as we all know is dangerous to our overall health. Smoking will also make you look older because it deprives your skin of getting more oxygen and when it happens, the aging process speeds up.
- Be Happy! Spend a lot of time doing things that make you cheerful daily. You will feel better and look better as a result if you maintain a positive and happy life.
- Use eye cream. The first signs of aging are fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. Aging appears under the eyes because the skin in that area is too thin. Thus, it is susceptible to signs of stress, late nights, and hangovers. I recommend the midnight oasis – camel milk nourishing cream. It contains essential ingredients that help nourish, firmer, and supplant skin, promotes metabolism, and renew tissues.
- Eat oatmeal. Oats minimize spikes in blood sugar that can contribute to skin problems. It strengthens and firms up your body tissues too. Oats are a high source of silicon that helps retain skin elasticity, a daily bowl can help slow the signs of aging.
- Eat more avocados. Avocado fruit is rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids that have been proven to hydrate and shield the skin. It helps lower the risk of premature aging caused by ultraviolet radiation. It also helps protect your skin from sun damage.
- Eat more good bacteria. By taking acidophilus, a probiotic supplement also found in yogurt and kefir, you can enhance levels of good gut flora, which may soon result in healthier, younger-looking skin.
- Meditation. By getting into the habit of relaxation and meditation, your face as you concentrate on your breathing, you’ll ease the lines of tension and worry that tend to come with being alive. So it relaxes muscles and minimizes wrinkles in the long run.
- Eat sweet potatoes. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables has been shown to create a healthier and more attractive glow on the skin. People who ate more portions of red and orange fruits and vegetables per day had a more sun-kissed complexion. A half medium potato with the skin provides 200 percent of your daily recommended intake.
- Get a great haircut. As we age, the density of our hair decreases. A shorter cut will thicken and give it a fuller volume. Find a salon who can bring out the best from your hair in order to look year younger.
- Exercise regularly. Moving your body on a regular basis is definitely one of the best weapons against aging. There are many health benefits of exercising, it helps raise your heart rate which will encourage blood flow to the skin and help give it a healthy glow.
- Cut out sugar. Our skin has its own support system in the form of collagen and elastin, two compounds that keep your skin tight and plump. But lots of sugar poolside is the worst thing you can do for your skin.
- Chill out. Stress is known as wrinkle fuel. Get good at relaxation and you’ll soften those lines of stress and worry.
- Exfoliate. Use the Camel milk exfoliating day peel. Daily Peeling cleans the skin and removes dead cells, gives the skin a soft, silky look, refreshes the skin texture, brightens, and helps eliminate lines and wrinkles.
- Eat yellow peppers. You are less apt to have wrinkles and crow’s feet when you consume yellow peppers on a regular basis.
- Have more sex. Studies have found that couples who have sex more often look more than a decade younger than the average adult who has sex less often.
- Whiten your teeth. Visit the dentist for a cleaning and exam twice annually, and heed their advice about flossing. Eat apples, celery, raw carrots, broccoli, and other crunchy greens, which can actually exfoliate fresh stains.
- Take up yoga. Yoga can help to turn back the clock. It is likely to de-stress you, improve your posture, and even help to loosen muscular knots caused by tension.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. Not only that it is beneficial for our health but it also makes sure that we have glowing and well-hydrated skin.
- Citrus in Drinks. Cut up some citrus fruits soak them in a pitcher of ice water and drink copiously. The citrus improves the water’s flavor and drinkability but the rinds contain a powerful anti-inflammatory compound that helps the liver flush toxins from the body.
- Eat more grapes. Grapes are filled with anthocyanins that have arthritis-fighting properties and help boost collagen in the retina, which protects the eyes against age-related macular degeneration.
- Moisturize. Dry skin can look so dull that you can actually end up looking like you’re covered in a thin layer of dust. Use the Desert glow-camel milk moisturizing body lotion. It gives the skin a soft smooth look, a unique formula containing camel milk, almond oil, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, grape seed oil.
- Nuke age spots. Brown splotches on the face or hands are a giveaway of aging skin, and we tend to see them arrive more when we reach our 50s. IPL (intense pulsed light) or lasers from a dermatologist clinic can help remove them.
- Smile more. Not only that you will look younger but smiling more would also make you look friendly and approachable to people. It always attracts positive vibes.
- Stand up straighter. Experts say you’ll appear 10 pounds lighter and will be perceived as healthier, more confident, alert, and more youthful.
- Use sunscreen. Use a sunblock with an SPF of at least 30, and wear a hat with a brim that casts a shadow over your face.
- Get more sleep. When your co-workers tell you that you look tired, they really mean that you look bad, old, or both. Next time you’re at the water cooler, hand them a tall glass of STFU by having snoozed your way to a more youthful, vibrant appearance.
- Eat oysters. Oysters are a prime source of zinc. Studies also suggest that zinc can slow the progression of macular degeneration.
- Change how you frame your face. Our faces appear to lengthen as we age. One way to forestall looking like an old codger is to foreshorten your look and make your face appear more rounded. When you’re dressing casually, wear button-collared shirts rather than a wide-spread collar.
- Eat flax seeds. It offers better-hydrated skin.
- Dress your age. Dressing simple yet elegant and not those very rustic fashion outfit would make you look better.
I hope that you enjoyed all of these tips. When I think back on my youth I can honestly say I worried about the most absurd things mostly related to my looks and the need for the world to validate me. Yes, I was going out to conquer the world so that I would be important. I wore high heels, short skirts, tight pants, and created drama wherever I went.
I can honestly say I’m glad those days are gone. This is the time to be who we truly are, shed ourselves of all the outward pressures and expectations that so absorb the young, and become the women who no longer care what people think. It’s time to show up and be seen, our next act, not a dress rehearsal.
What have you done so far in order to look younger? You can follow the tips and let us know, share with our Beauty Club your thoughts!