Does your tight budget make even drugstore beauty products a luxury? Don’t fret. You can still have beautiful skin and hair without buying a ton of beauty products with these top 5 beauty tips on a budget!
These days we spend more money on how we look, and what we want to look like, instead of the essential things in life, like food, rent, and bills. Let’s face it, we all love looking our best, which is why I decided to do a write up of my top 5 tried and tested beauty tips on a budget.
What you need to know, I think it is very important to watch which chemicals you are putting into your body. A lot of products these days are filled with harmful toxins that are detrimental to your health. So all my tips below include products that are either natural or organic and on a budget.
We can find a lot of beauty tips online but in reality, the most simple and effective strategy is absolutely free. Find out these amazing tips which you will surely love!
Here are the Top 5 Beauty Tips on a Budget that You Can Try
#1 Make Your Eyelashes Grow
Every night before you go to bed, take an ear bud, dip it into a bottle of Castor Oil, and apply a thin layer onto the eyelid. Be careful not to apply too much, you don’t want the oil to run into your eyes. The castor oil promotes strong luscious lashes.
Castor oil is very effective for thickening eyelashes, this is the reason why some beauty bloggers are also promoting this natural method on their blogs because it is effective. It is also capable of preventing them from breaking and can also trigger the growth of eyelashes so it becomes thicker and fuller. You can use it to thicken your eyebrows your hair since it treats dandruff and it’s a great skin moisturizer too.
How long does it take for castor oil to work on eyelashes?
In order for you to achieve its effective or best results with castor oil, you will need to religiously use it every night before going to bed. To give you an average estimate, it takes about 3 to 6 months for the eyelashes to grow back. In that time frame, you will notice a significant change in the thickness, length, and overall appearance of your eyelashes.
Is Castor Oil safe to use on eyelashes?
Yes it is safe. You may not have known this, but castor oil is one of the best natural treatments for dry eyes. Castor oil is proven safe for eyelashes. It is however advised for those who has sensitive skin that if they develop any irritation, they need to stop using it right away. Majority of the women who use Castor oil however are enjoying the benefits of eyelash growth in just a few months.
Castor oil is also used on hair because it has an antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that makes it beneficial to fight against folliculitis, dandruff and any scalp infections. The ricinoleic acid content helps increase circulation on the scalp and also help improve hair growth in the long run.
#2 Nourishing Hair Treatment
Since olive oil is one of the best source of antioxidants, it is often used to promote scalp health. Massaging hair and scalp with olive oil improves blood flow to the hair follicles and the follicles are in turn stimulated to grow thicker strands of hair, thereby doubling hair growth.
A healthy scalp is a prerequisite in order to achieve hair growth and healthy hair. Olive oil is a great source of antioxidants that promote scalp and skin health. Massaging the oil into your scalp will also improve blood flow throughout the area, so hair follicles are stimulated to grow thicker strands of hair.
Once a week, massage Olive Oil into the roots of your hair, and sleep with it on for the night. Olive Oil is extremely moisturizing, not only for the hair follicles, but also for the scalp. It help to rejuvenate the scalp, especially after these hot summer days where it tends to get burned, or very dry. The oil will help seal any split ends, promoting growth and fullness.
Olive oil can be mixed with castor oil and lavender. That there are several types of olive oils on the market, including extra virgin and pure, but virgin oil has been fronted as the best type of olive that bolster the beauty of your hair while enhancing hair growth. So look for that type of olive oil.
How to Use and Apply Olive Oil to your Hair?
- If you’re treating your entire head, you will need at least 1/4 cup of olive oil especially if you have long or very thick hair.
- Massage the oil deeply into your hair for a couple of minutes. You can also massage it into your scalp if you have dry scalp.
- For the most effective conditioning, wrap your hair with a shower cap and let the oil soak in for 20 minutes or more.
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb before you shampoo the oil out. This will make combing and styling afterward a lot easier.
- Shampoo rigorously and dry your hair to see the results. You might need to shampoo your hair twice, depending on how much oil you have applied.
- There’s nothing harmful about conditioning with olive oil. If your hair is dry enough to require a moisturizing treatment every day, use it once a week or less in order to achieve the best results.
#3 Natural make up remover
Coconut oil is anti-bacterial, anti-yeast, and also works as a great first-aid cream. Because of its detergent effect, it works well as a makeup remover. However, it is important to only use the coconut oil as you would use a cleansing oil, no abrasive washcloths or cotton pads are needed. Gently rub onto dry skin, paying special attention to heavy eye makeup. If you have an oily skin thou, we do not recommend you to use coconut oil as it may cause more breakouts.
Coconut Oil has been a very popular product over the past year. This organic, virgin oil has endless amounts of benefits for the hair, skin, body and overall health. However, one use that I absolutely love is that this beautifully smelling oil removes makeup easily, doesn’t burn the eyes, and is a great wrinkle preventer!
#4 Cellulite Be Gone
One of the hardest targeted spots to diminish. We get a lot of queries on how to get rid of cellulite. One of our favorite cellulite reduction tools is a body brush. If you brush over your body with circular movements, over time this helps with the circulation in the body, breaking down the fat cells, and therefore removes cellulite.
#5 Keep Your Teeth Pearly White
Every morning, always drink a glass of hot water with lemon. Not only does this activate your metabolism, but it is very healthy for your teeth. Lemon is a great anti-oxidant and promotes clean, white teeth.
- Flossing. Aside from brushing your teeth, we always recommend people to floss their teeth regularly. Studies have shown that flossing on top of brushing your teeth can tremendously reduce the effects of gingivitis when used in conjunction with proper brushing on the teeth.
- Mouthwash. Although mouth wash will not replace brushing your teeth or flossing in any form, using a mouth wash also has a lot of benefits for your over-all oral health. We always recommend mouthwashes with high concentrations of alcohol.
- Diet. Coffee, tobacco, and other barbarities can often stain your teeth leading to a yellow resin that stays on the teeth. It can cover the teeth and often stain them.
Have you enjoyed reading these simple yet effective beauty tips on a budget? Check out and read more on our blog and find out a lot of beauty tips that you can do at home.